Our desire is to build a guild or community with the most academically and spiritually qualified professors in universities around the world. To this end, we hope the application and appointment process is something you will find both informative and helpful.
An Overview of the Application and Appointment Process:
- Read the IICS Vision, Mission and Values and the IICS Statement of Faith. You will need to affirm agreement with these during the application process.
- Fill out the Preliminary Application and submit to IICS.
- We will review your application for overall fit with the vision and values of IICS. If there is apparent compatibility, then you (and your spouse, if you are married) will be invited to a brief interview call with an IICS representative. At the end of that call, suitable candidates will be invited to complete the full Candidate Application.
- The full candidate application requires a significant investment of time and energy. It requires careful, transparent and prayerful responses. Thoroughness is crucial, as this application serves as our best initial means of determining where the best fit for you might be with IICS. If married, your spouse will also be required to answer some of the questions on the full application, as we consider an IICS assignment a partnership and we need to have full input from both of you.
- Your application will be reviewed, along with your C.V., references and a sample teaching video. Once we have reviewed and approved your application, we will work together in scheduling an interview with you and your spouse, if married. Most interviews take place at the international office in Overland Park, Kansas, a suburb of Kansas City. In addition to the interview, you will have an opportunity to meet the IICS Staff in the KC office.
- After your interview the interview committee will make a recommendation to the IICS Board of Directors. You will be notified of their decision as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience as the full process may take several months.
- Once officially appointed, we will pray regularly for you and work with you to:
- Secure an appointment at a secular university overseas, aiding in preparing materials to be culturally relevant, coaching you in the application and interview process, etc.
- Determine your IICS budget and work with you to identify prayer and financial partners to supplement the salary offered by the university (if additional income is necessary).
- Provide training in teaching overseas through our IICS Appointee Orientation Conference.
- Develop an academic development plan and spiritual development plan in order to help you flourish during your overseas assignment.
- As you go, we will pray regularly for you and provide pastoral care, encouragement, stateside support and academic development opportunities.
- If and when God leads you back to your home country we will work with you on “re-entry” issues (logistical, spiritual and cultural), and help you transition to your new role.