IICS Maintains the Highest Standards of Financial Accountability and Integrity
Our strict standards of fiscal responsibility make it possible to put more of your resources to work impacting lives overseas.
- The International Institute for Christian Studies is a current member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA).
- IICS is governed by a responsible Board of Directors (a majority of whom are not staff members or their relatives) which meets four times each year to establish policies, set budgets, oversee operations, review accomplishments and to seek God’s blessing and direction for the ministry.
- We maintain the highest ethical code of financial accountability and reporting consistent with responsible Christian faith and practice.
- IICS has no debt. We do not borrow money and do not go into debt to accomplish our objectives. When we make purchases, we pay the invoice within 30 days, except under unusual circumstances.
- We believe God can communicate His will through the provision of funds or lack of funds. In times of need we will ask for financial gifts, but since it is God’s place to prompt a response to financial appeals, we will not pressure or manipulate to obtain funds. We will not try to raise more money than we need or create a crisis to boost income.
- We realize that our supporters have given freely out of their own means, often sacrificially. We honor this sacrificial support by maintaining conservative and wise use of funds. We have proven our commitment to prudent fiscal management by a record of careful stewardship of the money that God supplies through our donors.
- IICS honors the donor’s preference for the use of gifts for specific projects and professors to the extent possible, while maintaining prayerful control of all gifts in accordance with the ministry purposes of the organization and IRS regulations. In the event that a project becomes fully funded, remaining funds will be used in a similar project where needed most. A percentage of the gift will be used for administering the project as necessary.
- In order to maintain your trust and support, an audit of our financial records is conducted annually by an independent public accounting firm and is available upon request.
- We receipt all donations, normally within 24 hours after arrival in our office.
- We will not sell or rent our mailing list of supporters.
- As a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization, contributions to the ministry are tax- deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
- The ministry of IICS belongs entirely to God and is accountable through its Board of Directors to our Lord and to our supporters.